CMCP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider. Maximum available CA MCLE credit: 3.5 hours.
MCLE session Materials, Attendee Certificates and Evaluation Forms are available here.
Conference Day 1
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
3:00pm – 5:00pm
Salons 2 & 3
Women of Color Forum
This forum brings together women lawyers of color to kick off CMCP’s 30th Anniversary Business Conference for connection, inspiration and insights on careers and professional life. This signature event will feature brief presentations by outstanding leaders:
Hailyn J. Chen
Co-Managing Partner, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
Senior Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Bank of the West
Vice President, Brand, Marketing & Sponsorship Legal, Visa Inc.
Tiffany Renee Thomas
Counsel, Employment Law and Corporate Responsibility, Visa Inc.
Following the presentations, participants will engage in facilitated roundtable discussion groups exploring the opportunities and issues faced by women of color in the law.
Discussion Topics and Leaders:
- Overcoming the Imposter Syndrome
Monique D. Jewett-Brewster, Hopkins & Carley
- Young, Gift and Partner: What Now?
T. Katuri Kaye, Trucker Huss, APC
- Primary Caregivers and Breadwinners
Amber S. Finch, Reed Smith LLP
- WOCs: Cultural Fits vs Cultural Additions
Adia Goss, Visa Inc.
- The Great Escape: The Move from Big Law to In-House
Mimi M. Lee, Chevron Global Upstream
- Charting Your Own Legal Course: Solo Practitioners, E ntrepreneurs, Non-Legal Careers
Maki Daijogo, Daijogo & Pedersen, LLP
- Do Women’s Initiatives Work for Women of Color?
Shondella M. Reed, University of California
- Rebutting the Presumption of Incompetence
Rasha Gerges Shields, Jones Day
- Bringing Your Whole Self to Work: Can it be Done?
Amber M. Grayhorse, Sanchez & Amador, LLP
- Building Your Personal Board of Directors
Monique E. Liburd, Google LLC
- Recruiting, Retaining, and Promoting Women of Color – Tips for Allies
Lauren E. Pedley, Visa Inc.
- Supporting Women of Color as Allies
Robert White, California Minority Counsel Program
It seems like you’re running a default WordPress website. Here are a few useful links to get you started:
- How to use WordPress Migrator Plugin?
- Migrate WordPress from Siteground to Cloudways
- Migrate WordPress from GoDaddy to Cloudways
- How do I take my website live from Cloudways?
- How to manage WordPress via WP-CLI on Cloudways?
- How to configure WordPress Multisite on Cloudways?
- How to access your databases on Cloudways?
- How to install and configure Breeze WordPress cache plugin?
- How to integrate CloudwaysCDN with your WordPress website?
- How to configure WP Rocket plugin for WordPress?
- What can I do with an .htaccess file?
- Add free SSL certificate to WordPress websites
- How to setup Sucuri on WordPress websites at Cloudways?
- Which email add-on should I use?
- How to activate Rackspace email addon?
- How to activate the Elastic email add-on?